Wellness 1st Integrative Medical Center, provides treatment for patients with substance addiction by using a well-proven medication that contains Buprenorphine/Naloxone.
This is a prescription medicine is used to treat adults who are addicted or dependent on opioid drugs (either prescription or illegal). Some benefits of this type of treatment:
- Long lasting, allows for daily dosing
- Good control of cravings and withdrawal
- Alleviates withdrawal symptoms, prevents cravings, and blocks euphoric effect of other opioids
- Synthetic opioid that attaches to the opioid receptor in the brain
- Partial agonist that activates some of the opioid receptor
Additionally, Wellness 1 st also offers the convenient option of a buprenorphine implant called Probuphine. This implant also contains the medicine buprenorphine. It is indicated for the maintenance treatment of opioid dependence in patients who have achieved and sustained prolonged clinical stability on low-to-moderate doses (doses no more than 8 mg per day) of a buprenorphine-containing product.
Both of these medications are part of a complete treatment program that also includes counseling and behavioral therapy.